?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Web | Next Web

It f***in works!!!

After about 6 weeks in total working-time, I've finally got the Control Software for the water screening machine finished! The last 2 weeks have been ridiculously frustrating as they've consisted of chasing down niggly little annoying bugs... but as of 20:30 yesterday, the code has been complete, and I finally got to test it this afternoon... found one tiny little stupid oversight in the recover-from-fault code, but that was a dead easy little fix... and now everything does what its supposed to.... until/unless something happens that shouldn't! There is one thing that doesn't work as well as I'd like, but that is down to the nature of the components in the electrical side of the control system, and we can't really do anything about it... its just that sometimes a (very short) power flicker will cause the Master Control Relay to de-latch (as it should) but (and this is the bit thats bad) then it won't always reinitialise under PLC control... it just sticks.. the only way to restore it is to power cycle the plant. But as I say, nothing I can do programmatically about it!

I'm just glad its done now!

Strands: